Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Apocalypto - Mel Gibson (2006)


     I watched Apocalypto for the first time tonight.
Intense.  Heart-wrenching. Keeps you hooked throughout the whole movie. The main actor was really great - I'll look him up to see if he's doing anything else. The costumes/make-up was very diverse and realistic and interesting.
The cinematography was a little cheap-looking at times - it took me out of the story somewhat because it didn't look real, but that was only certain parts. The beginning scenes are a little cheesy because of dialogue - just doesn't seem realistic of the time in which it's set. Also, some actors (mostly in the beginning) are not entirely believable.

Overall, it's definitely worth watching - has a good ending. Most of all, I loved the intensity of it.

P.S.  I watched this movie as fiction - didn't expect it to be accurate historically. I didn't care about that. It was a great experience.

Dooo it.

No comments:

Post a Comment